Reinforced Geomembranes - Tough Protection
For over 40 years, XR-5 has been used by engineers who have needed the strongest geomembrane for use in the world's harshest conditions. Backed by over 60 years of coated fabric technology, Seaman Corporation's XR-5 is the highest-strength and most chemically-resistant geomembrane on the market. XR-5 was developed to contain and protect against acids, oils, methane, and alkalis. Across the world, XR-5 is being used for pond liners, secondary containment, floating covers, and wastewater baffles.
Benefits of Using XR-5
XR-5 has helped set the industry standard for geomembrane strength, durability, and performance. It is compatible with harsh liquids and has many advantages over High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE), Chlorosulfonated (CSPE), and Polypropylene, such as:
- Superior UV resistance
- Low thermal expansion/contraction
- Superior chemical resistance
- Superior tensile strength
- 10-year weathering and chemical resistance warranty available
Geomembranes Built to Outlast and Perform
The XR-5 is durable and engineered for the very toughest applications and environments that require high-strength membranes, including:
- Floating Covers: the broad range of chemical resistance and flexible nature of the membrane make it the ideal material for floating cover construction.
- Leachate Ponds: XR-5-lined impoundments safely collect and store both leachate and stormwater prior to treatment.
- Secondary Containment: XR® Geomembranes are designed with the strength and durability necessary for secondary containment of spills for a short period, even under catastrophic circumstances.
- Process Wastewater: XR-5 is widely used as an impoundment and tank liner for a variety of chemical, petroleum, and process wastewaters.
- Floating Baffles: utilizing the tough polyester base fabric, the XR-PW has the highest tensile strength of any potable water baffle material.
- Tank Floors: the geomembrane functions as a barrier both for leakage containment and to allow enhanced monitoring.
- Oil Booms: XR Geomembrane is one of the world’s largest suppliers of reinforced membranes for long-term oil boom use.
- Wastewater Ponds: low thermal expansion and contracting properties, along with toughness derived from the base fabric, allow the owner to leave the liner exposed, resulting in no slope maintenance and fewer land requirements.
- Geofoam Coverage (9832 XR-5 G): reinforced geomembranes gain strength from the base fabric, plus they are less thick or rigid compared to their unreinforced counterpart.
If you're working on a geomembrane project, or you have a question about our XR-5® Geomembranes, contact us today to set up an appointment or to answer any questions you may have.